International Flute Summer Master Classes
Summer 2016 Dates: May 27 – June 1, 2016
• Daily Flute Master Classes with Marina Piccinini
• Piccolo Division Daily Master Classes with Laurie Sokoloff of the Baltimore Symphony
• Special High School Division with Kristin Bacchiocchi-Stewart, Brook Ferguson, and Jee Young Choe
• Flute Ensemble Coachings
• Daily Control Your Breath (CYB) and Relaxation Classes with Oluwafemi Oladeji
• Lectures and Q&A Sessions with faculty and special guests
• Week-long residency with Steven Finley, resident flute resource and historian
• Auditor Open Master Class
• Daily Exhibitions by Renowned Flute Makers
• Gala Opening Recital by Marina Piccinini
• Closing Concert featuring selected participants
The Marina Piccinini International Flute Summer Master Classes is open to flutists of all ages. The class is focused primarily on advanced to professional level flautists in different stages of their careers and studies but also embraces high school students (14 years old through 2016 high school graduates) looking to pursue a future in music, as well as serious amateurs. Each participant will perform at least three times during the week.
The Piccolo Division is designed for mastering piccolo orchestra audition skills for aspiring piccoloists and for flutists wishing to sound like piccolists at auditions. Participants may also audit Ms. Piccinini's master classes and enjoy all additional lectures and movement classes.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2016 (Application coming soon)
Application fee: $50. Those not accepted as participants may attend as auditors, with the fee being applied to their audit fee.
Auditors: Auditors are encouraged to attend the entire week. Auditors are also welcome on a daily basis.
Auditor Cost: $350 for the week; $100 per day; Single-event passes also available
Contact: For more information, please call the Peabody Student Affairs Office at 410-234-4540 or send an e-mail to MPISMC@gmail.com.
A limited amount of partial scholarship funding is available. To apply, please submit a 500-word essay describing your financial need and two letters of recommendation.
A limited number of scholarships are offered each year to accepted students who have financial need. Your gift could make an immeasurable difference in the life of a talented student with a passion to study exceptional flute techniques with Marina Piccinini. A full scholarship for a week is $900. Partial scholarships are also given. Gifts of any size will help!