International Flute Master Classes
June 23-28, 2013
- Daily Master Classes with Marina Piccinini, and pianists Araceli Chacon and Colette Valentine
- Daily Control Your Breath (CYB) & Relaxation Classes with Oluwafemi Oladeji
- Daily Flute Circuit Training with Kristin Bacchiocchi-Stewart
- Lectures and Q&A Sessions with faculty and special guests including Steven Finley, Laurie Sokoloff, Jim Keefe and Lillian Burkart
- Special Program for High School Participants with Kristin Bacchiocchi-Stewart. Includes Master Class and Private Sessions. (High School participants will also play 1 time for Marina Piccinini).
- Opening Night Gala Recital by Marina Piccinini: "Angels & Devils" featuring works by Petrassi, Rasch, Dean, von Weber, and Brant (Jun. 23, 7:00 pm)
- Daily Exhibits by Renowned Flute Makers:
- Separate Master Class for Auditors: Sign up for the entire 5 days ($350 fee) to play in the Master Class (Limit of six people will be chosen to play in class).
- Before and after their master class performance all participants will have the unique opportunity to rehearse with one of Marina Piccinini’s exceptional pianists.
- Raffle Tickets to Win a Burkart Flute Headjoint and a Keefe Piccolo Headjoint
- Closing Public Concert featuring performances by master class participants (Jun. 28)
The 2013 Master Class schedule has been posted here!
The application deadline has passed. Thank you to all that applied! If you wish to apply as an auditor, please contact Allison Dreskin at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 410-234-4772.
Open to all ages, this class is focused primarily on advanced to professional level flautists in different stages of their careers and studies but also embraces high school students looking to pursue a future in music, as well as serious amateurs. A limited number of participants will be chosen. Each participant will perform at least three times during the week.
Application Deadline: The application deadline has passed. Thank you to all that applied! If you wish to apply as an auditor, please contact Allison Dreskin at email@example.com or by phone at 410-234-4772.
Application fee: $50. Those not accepted as participants may attend as auditors, with the fee being applied to their audit fee.
Notification and Payment: All applicants will be notified by in the beginning of May 2013. Payments will be due at the end of May 2013.
Auditors are encouraged to attend the entire week. Accommodations may be available at the Peabody Inn on campus but are not guaranteed. Auditors are also welcome on a daily basis.
Cost: $350 for the week; $80 per day (Opening Gala extra; day auditor excludes Daily Control Your Breath & Relaxation Classes). $50 for Marina Piccinini Master Class only.
Stay at the Peabody Inn on campus: $60 per night single occupancy or $35 per night double occupancy. Private bathroom in each room. A meal plan for on-campus dining is available for an additional cost of $170 and includes six (6) breakfasts, five (5) lunches, and six (6) dinners.
A limited amount of partial scholarship funding is available. To apply, please submit a 500-word essay describing your financial need and two letters of recommendation.
Marina Piccinini Recital Tickets
If you are interested in purchasing tickets for the Sunday, June 23, 2013 7:00PM Opening Night "Angels & Devils" Gala featuring Marina Piccinini, contact Allison Dreskin, Conference Services Coordinator, at 410-234-4772 or between May 15 – June 15. Tickets are $20* and $10* (with a student ID). Credit card and check payments are accepted.
*subject to change; auditors pay student rate.
The Peabody Conservatory gratefully acknowledges the generous donations received from Haynes Flutes and Brannen Brothers companies to fund scholarships for participants in the Marina Piccinini International Flute Master Classes.