Peabody's Campaign: Musicians as Leaders
For decades, the Peabody Institute has been regarded as the best of the best. Now we have the opportunity to shine even brighter as a national model for educating arts leaders and inspire stronger and bolder community engagement in the arts. Now is the time for the oldest conservatory in the country to launch the most ambitious transformation of music education in our nation’s history.
At the heart of all we are doing lies our conviction that Peabody, thanks to its distinguished and dedicated faculty, as well as a curriculum of extraordinary breadth and depth, is superbly prepared to expand and transform conservatory education so that it speaks directly to the challenges and opportunities inherent in the 21st century musical landscape.
Explore the links below to learn about Peabody's initiatives in Rising to the Challenge: The Campaign for Johns Hopkins:
With your support, Peabody’s gifted students will not only be trained as musicians but also as catalysts who will inspire creativity and spark positive change in their communities. We will:
- Expand competitive scholarships to attract the best and brightest students
- Strengthen financial aid for young musicians in our Preparatory
- Endow Peabody Preparatory programs that provide music and dance instruction to underserved populations
- Grow endowment for faculty to ensure teaching excellence
- Advance the Bachelors of Arts in Music program in collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Krieger School of Arts and Sciences