JHED and the Johns Hopkins Portal
The Hopkins Portal
my.johnshopkins.edu is your one-stop-shop for Johns Hopkins news, information, and many online tools with the primary goal of simplifying and centralizing your access to services and content as a member of the Hopkins Community.
to access the Portal just follow these steps:
- go to my.johnshopkins.edu or my.jhu.edu
- click on the link on the left that says Login
- perform a First Time Login you will then be asked to provide information that will verify your identity
- create your password
if you are accessing the Portal for outside the Hopkins network you may need to call (410) 955-Help, or the Peabody Registrar's Office (410) 234-4576, to find out your Log In ID (or LID), as student information is surpressed on the internet.
when you create or reset your e-mail password, please follow the following guidelines:
- Passwords must contain at least two non-alphabetic characters. for example, digits (0-9) or symbols.
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long, and no longer than 40 characters
- Passwords should not contain the characters " or '
- Make your password easy for yourself to remember but hard for others to guess. Do not write it down!
- Do not use your name, login name, address, date of birth, or social security number.
- Do not use the same password on all accounts.
- Do not share your password with anyone.
- Passwords will expire if not changed within 180 days. you will receive one or more pop-up reminders on this system as the expiration date approaches
- once you change your password, you will need to wait at least 24 hours before changing your password again.
Changing your JHED/E-mail password
While you are a member of the Peabody and JHU community as a student, faculty, or staff member, your JHED password will expire every 180 days, as a student, your account will expire within 90 days of your date of graduation.
if your password expires, or your forget what it is, simply go to my.johnshopkins.edu and click the links in the orange block to the left of your screen, you will then be guided through changing or re-setting your password.