Celebrating 100 years of excellence and innovation in American dance training
Melissa Stafford, Director
Barbara Weisberger, Artistic Advisor
Established in December 1914, Peabody Dance is one of the oldest continuously-operating dance training centers in the United States. Throughout its remarkable life span, Peabody has pioneered new dance forms, mounted numerous collaborative projects, partnered with prominent figures in 20th and 21st century American dance, and produced accomplished professional dancers, choreographers, directors, and teachers. Few, if any, American dance training centers can match that level of accomplishment.
Today, Peabody Dance is keeping in step with the progression of American dance into the 21st century and remains committed to:
- offering high-quality dance training for students of all levels ages 3-adult
with a nationally respected faculty
- presenting imaginative professional-level performances
- hosting inspiring master classes and teachers' seminars
- offering choreographic residencies with prominent guest teachers
- engaging in collaborative projects with musicians and visual artists
- offering pre-professional ballet and modern dance summer intensives, as well as
summer classes for students of all levels
- partnering with our community through free performances and dance events
- training and supporting male dancers, ages 9-15, through the ground-breaking
Estelle Dennis/Peabody Dance Training Program for Boys
Become a part of the tradition - join us for a class, performance, or seminar!
Summer 2016 dates announced!
Tuesday, December 1
Spring 2016 registration opens for new students
(Spring 2016 registration opens for continuing students on November 15)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 410-234-4626 to schedule a placement session.
Saturday, December 12
Peabody Dance Winter Open House, 10:00 am-4:30 pm
Peabody's downtown dance studios
Monday, January 25
Spring semester starts, featuring new classes in:
Creative Dance 1 for 3 year-olds (Towson campus)
Creative Dance 2 for 4 year-olds (Towson campus)
Contemporary Dance for beginners ages 8-12 (downtown campus)
Flamenco and Spanish Dance for ages 8-12, and 13-adult (downtown campus)