The age at which a student may begin studying a woodwind instrument is dependent upon the child's physical size and stamina. Larry Williams the department chair will be happy to answer any questions about the appropriate starting age for these instruments.
As students progress in their studies, the Preparatory recommends that students and/or parents discuss the possibilities of Woodwind Chamber Music, Chamber Orchestra, or Youth Orchestra with their instructor. Students wishing to explore jazz may be interested in our Jazz Ensemble. Please contact Larry Williams firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering, for placement.
A list of all Preparatory concerts and events can be found here.
- JeeYoung Rachel Choe, flute
- Kathleen Clarke, flute, piccolo, flute ensemble
- Fatma Daglar, oboe
- David Drosinos, clarinet, saxophone
- Delandria Mills, flute
- Monica Schwartz, bassoon
- Ian Sims, clarinet, saxophone
- Larry Williams, Chair, Brass & Winds Department, French horn