Honors Competition Rules
Sunday, January 29, 2017
Sunday, May 21, 2017
Saturday, January 14, 2017
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Saturday, December 17, 2016
Saturday, April 1, 2017
- Must be 18 years old or younger (or have not graduated from high school).
- Students must be enrolled in private lessons at the Preparatory.
- Entrants must provide their own accompanist (if necessary) for both the competition and the performance.
- Must be available to perform on the corresponding Honors Recital.
- Students must be playing at a strong advanced level (advanced two for pianists).
- Any solo repertoire at a strong advanced level.
- Performance is not to exceed 12 minutes.
- Performers may enter more than one piece as long as the total duration of the entire performance does not exceed 12 minutes.
- Pianists may not enter a concerto movement or otherwise accompanied piece.
The judges have complete discretion over the number of winners selected and the number within each instrumental discipline. If a student is playing multiple pieces the judges also have discretion to nominate the student on select pieces as well as the entire performance.