Part Recital Competition Rules
Sunday, May 6, 2018, 7:30 pm, Hilda and Douglas Goodwin Recital Hall
Saturday, April 7, 2018, 3:30-7:00 pm, Hilda and Douglas Goodwin Recital Hall
Saturday, March 10, 2018
- All students regardless of age are eligible.
- Students must be enrolled in private lessons through the Preparatory.
- Entrants must provide their own accompanist for both the competition and the performance.
- Students must be available to perform on the winner's recital.
- Previous winners of the competition may not enter the competition the year immediately following their selection.
- Any solo literature at the upper intermediate level and above.
- Performances are to be no less than 15 minutes and no more than 20 minutes in length.
- Any number of pieces may be performed as long as the total length of the performances fall within the 15-20 minute time frame.
- Performers should be prepared to play their entire entry repertoire from memory. However, the judges may only ask for portions of pieces.
A panel of judges will select winners in three separate age categories: Junior (12 and under), Senior (13-High school senior), and Adult (18 and above, not in High School). The judges are at liberty to determine that there is no suitable winner in any or all categories. The judges are also free to select multiple winners in a category if warranted.